Sunday, June 8, 2014

Why Write ?

I started writing a lot about a year ago. Things in my life seemed to begin falling down around August of last year and I felt I couldn't talk to anybody because ,as I said, I am just a really stubborn person. I was suppose to be the one giving advice and helping people out of their troubles, not vice versa. I didn't want to drown my friends and family with my problems, because 1. I didn't know how to express my feelings and 2. I didn't wanna be a bother. So, I decided to begin journaling. I knew some people who did it and I loved writing so I began literally writing these letters in this book to God. I shared my joys and falls. I found it easier to write down my feelings then to verbally explain them. It hurt to talk about the problem of feeling abandoned and just being under so much stress. I am notorious for holding everything in ,which then eventually turns to dramatics of anger and sadness. I needed to get it out in a way I wouldn't blow up like a bomb. So I took it to my book. You know when you have this secret and you are absolutely bursting to not tell anyone, so you end up telling your mom and you feel about 120% better? Well writing these notes to God, I felt that relief. It was like removing a burden I had from that day. It was a fresh renewal like a cold shower after running in the humid Georgia weather. Writing has gotten me closer to God. Writing is what the writers of the bible did. Writing is what we base our life around.,The word of God. When anybody tells me they are going through a problem or are confused, write it down. Throughout the last few weeks, I learned that spoken word declares it over your life. Write your prayer down with intimate details then shut yourself in your room, throw on some Jesus Culture and just say it out loud. Tears are expected, because that is God softening your heart for his works. "Then Jesus came to them and said," All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me." (Matthew 28:18) Jesus died on the cross for us. He lives in each and every one of us. That job you want, Jesus has the authority. That university that you want to attend, Jesus has the authority. Trust in him, talk it out with him. He cares and wants you to indulge in him because you recognize that " He saved us not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his mercy" (Titus 3:5)  You and I cannot do it by ourselves, every good thing comes from God by his mercy. Believe in his writing. Use his writings in  your writings to him. Write down a scripture and say it out loud in your prayers. Write it down and pray over it. Don't worry about letting out some secrets to God because he already knows. He knew the secret before it happened. When you put that confliction on paper or in a computer document, it stays. Those words are there, you leave them right there with God because you gave it up to him to have. Jesus has it under control. Turn to him and not the desires of this world which can never fulfill the way Jesus can. He has the answer, he just wants you to trust him.

No comments:

Post a Comment