Monday, June 9, 2014

First Love

             "Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love." (Revelation 2:4)

Remember your first boyfriend or girlfriend? How you gave your full heart to them because you fully trusted them? Your every move revolved around them. When they wanted to talk, you were all ears. That feeling of telling them how your day went just made each day easier. You woulda gave your life for them. I know I would have . There is something about feeling wanted and cared for. It pulls you in like a tide. It gives a dark day some light. Love lifts your mood. I remember staying up all night just talking to my boyfriend ,who I thought I was going to be together with forever. I trusted him, I believed what he said. I gave my heart to him. I was 16. He broke my heart in a moment. I remember the feeling in my chest as I got a text saying, " I think we should break up." I sat in my mom's bedroom floor and just about flooded that room along with everyone in the house. I didn't understand why he didn't want me. I didn't understand why I ended up not being enough. I had gave up family time and lost friends to be with him. I was so upset with him. The thing is that a 16 year old boy doesn't contain the perfect love in which I needed. Every teenager, or most, has these dreams of a high school relationship. The boys with cars and flowers for no reason. young love. I understand this because I live it, the thing is priorities. My first love has become Jesus. He is the one who will never leave me or fail me. He wants me, even when I'm having a bad day. Jesus comes first. Jesus is my bestfriend. Jesus cares about me. He cares if I am upset for no reason. He holds my intimate secrets. Jesus died for me. He gave his life for me, for my wrong doing. Jesus doesn't break up with you. He never fails because his love is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment