Saturday, June 7, 2014

#shereadstruth/jesus calling ~ trained by Grace

" These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority" Titus 2:15

" What right turn in  your character is God training you to make so that you might be more like Jesus"

I believe that I get so wrapped up in the future and accomplishing everything in the perfect manner to achieve the future I have planned for myself, that I do not seek his face at all times. I seek an email from a college or a friend or a boy. I seek something to do or I sit on pinterest to plan a house of dreams. The truth is that we must " seek his kingdom and these things will be given to you" (Luke 12:31). The passage of Luke 12: 22-31 explains not to worry that the Lord has you and sees you. Sometimes I feel as if I think I'm too small to be recognized. There are all these plans constantly buzzing through my head which leave me stressed. Now, those of  you who know me can second this, but when I am stressed, the wrath comes blazing out. My mind just can't take anymore. The simplest task will turn into a full on rage of anger and complaining. I feel as if I have to do it now and by myself. I am a pretty independent person. I feel like I can do anything by myself, the truth is self-reliance only works for a little while. Eventually, you run out of steam. Running out of steam, at least to me, is the worst feeling because all of a sudden my emotions blast out of this world. This is when I become farther from "like Jesus," because ,as my mom would say, " I get my worry on." The thing is that grace covers the worry. Deciding that Jesus has my college, car, boy, and friend situation in the palm of his hand and truly believing it, is where the amazing peace comes flooding in. "I have told you these things, so that you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. but take heart! I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD" (John 16:33) Remembering that as Christians following Christ, we have him with us. We have the winner and conqueror if we just seek his face and decide to take advantage of the grace he gives us and allows us to give other people. My future Is so much bigger than anything I can imagine. Worrying about not getting exactly what  I want and when I feel I should get it is where I think God is trying to change me. That I'll tune into his signs and turn to his word in worry instead of tweeting in frustration or hurting people with my words through my anger. Grace covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment