Wednesday, July 9, 2014

What limits us to not letting Jesus work through us ?

Miracles. We all know of the great miracles in the bible. I googled "miracles in the bible" & up popped a list of 123 miracles preformed in the bible, & it was only a partial list. It seems that it is just overflowing with these great miracles. Jesus walked around literally giving out miracles of healing & restoration to these suffering people. He never let something be too big for his power because it simply wasn't. When we come to know Christ, we recognize that Jesus died for a reason. He died for our sins, but also we received the gift of his spirit being in us.
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the Life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith of the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me." ( Galatians 2:20) What would happen if we did our works not of ourselves, but of him? At my grandparents church, this has been the topic the past few services. That God can do miracles today. That Jesus literally lives in us. We are to be the hands & feet of this amazing God who is not dead. He is alive right this second in me & in you. Tonight we watched this movie/documentary called " Fingers of God." It was so good. I fully recommend it to anyone who is interested in seeing our God do miracles today. My favorite part of this program was the section of young college students being on fire for Jesus. Now, when I say on fire I mean these young people were raising a blaze for Jesus. These students meet every Friday & pray together about what/how/who/when  God wants to work through them & a partner for that night. They then write down what they believe God to be telling them, compare, & they set out. These kids are brave & they are so trusting of God's faithfulness. They go to these places & seek out the person they believe God is telling them to speak to. Then they actually pray for these people. These students have become a vessel of Jesus. They see healing, bondage being broke, restoration, salvation, & literal miracles all the time. They are invested in the truth of God's spirit living in us. They allow God's power to affect lives & be an impact on this world of his children. It was absolutely inspiring. How amazing would it be if you & I could heal people through the power of Jesus Christ? I have thought this many times. The thing is that it isn't an "if" question. There is no doubt whatsoever that Jesus craves to be moved in this world through his children trusting & walking out in faith. So many of us are scared to look "stupid" or "weird." The thing that I am learning is that it isn't about me, it is about his, The Great I Am's, will being done. Just have to say yes, God. Send me. Let his kingdom come.




No comments:

Post a Comment