Wednesday, August 19, 2015

New begininngs

Goodafternoon ya'll,
 As many of you probably know, I am now a resident of Valdosta, Georgia. eeeppp, it still is hard to believe it all worked out & I am sitting in my dorm room blogging. God had his hand on this without a doubt. It has been awhile since I posted, but I decided to blog a bit about my first week or so here & encourage those starting new chapters.. even new beginnings you had no idea you are capable of making & for those who want to begin something new, but it seems everything is falling through.

I am SO excited that I just had a sudden urge to open up my daily reading on YouVersion.. Proverbs 3. It is exactly what I needed to set the foundation for this blog. ( go ahead & read https://www.bible.com/bible/116/pro.3.nlt ) When I think of "new", I think of fresh, shiny, & spotless. When I think of "beginning", I think of the start of a journey or race with a path set out before you. This August, I watched my little sister set out on a new beginning as she entered middle school. I saw two of my dearest friends begin a new beginning with their new spouses. I watched as hundreds & hundreds of kids I grew up with move miles away from eachother. It all happened so fast, but it is life. As we grow, we change, We move. We meet new people & travel new places. There is a feeling about newness that drives us all. I know I love to get a new outfit or blanket or purse or anything. Meeting new friends is the scariest, but funnest thing. That is why the majority of us obsess over the newest phone or update or who to talk to or whatever is of all the rage now... but my point is developing an attitude of newness. I believe God has laid this on my heart because it something I struggled with & continue to have to pursue daily. This world is beautiful, God created this amazing place for us to live life on. To invest in his creation & build his kingdom. How can I do that when I am living in the weight of yesterday's mistakes, failures, and disappointments? I carried around, honestly, this bitterness of oldness. I just dreaded the day because of regrets, anger, unforgiveness of myself, & had an attitude set towards my circumstance. Everyday I would pile on another negative thought or action until I felt bombarded with negativity. That is exactly what the devil had in mind, for me to focus so much more on my yesterday than my today. As you read this, I hope you are connecting to this truth...
{ This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! } 2 Corinthians 5:17
Today, I want you to write this verse on a sticky & post it somewhere you'll see it all the time. Jesus makes us new. He allows these new beginnings. He refreshes hearts & makes them pure.
 {Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.} Psalm 51:10
 Everyday, in the morning, make your requests to him for your day. He is able,he is just, and he hears you. He hears you're voice, trust in the power of the Lord who makes dry bones ALIVE. { Ezekial 37} { In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. } Pslam 5:3  Through Christ, we live out the opportunity for a daily refreshness, a daily new beginning. As I referenced earlier, Proverbs 3 shows that resting on his word sets you up for walking in a new state of mind. Being full of the word , the truth, will change how you view everything. No matter what falls through or who says you can't or you're " foolish" , you get the chance to pursue a new attitude , a new life BECAUSE of Christ. Through his grace, through your faith in him, you get to change your circumstance every single day because he makes your heart full of bitterness, stress, & contempt.. pure. He renews your spirit of anger into a steadfast, trustworthy intimate relationship with the king of kings ! As you walk through your campus, walk in newness. Walk in the faith that you have begun a new beginning daily with your Savior. That he dearly loves you. He wants what is best for his most wonderful creation. You have the power of the Holy Spirit to guide your every decision.. tap into that this week & live life with a new start. A new day. & a new perspective on your purpose... to be a light. To walk in FREEDOM EVERYDAY. 
 
{I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments.}psalms 119:45

Lots of love, 
Kalyn Bowser 

{And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.} Phillipians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment